OPENING REMARKS BY DEPUTY SECRETARY GENERAL (TOURISM), OFFICIAL LAUNCHING CEREMONY OF MUSLIM HOSPITALITY TRAVEL MART 2019
OPENING REMARKS BY
YBHG. DATO' HASLINA BINTI ABDUL HAMID
DEPUTY SECRETARY GENERAL (TOURISM)
MINISTRY OF TOURISM, ARTS, AND CULTURE, MALAYSIA
OFFICIAL LAUNCHING CEREMONY OF
MUSLIM HOSPITALITY TRAVEL MART 2019
04 SEPTEMBER 2019, WEDNESDAY, 9.00 AM
AT DEWAN TUN HUSSEIN ONN LEVEL 2 PWTC JALAN TUN ISMAIL 50480, KUALA LUMPUR
Thank you Saudara Emcee,
Puan Haslynda Wan Rahim
Div. Secretary, Tourism Licensing Division
Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture Malaysia
En. Mohd Ali Ab Malek
President of BUMITRA MALAYSIA
En. Mohd Zairul
Director of Penasatria Event Sdn Bhd
Buyers and Sellers of the Muslim Hospitality Travel Mart 2019
Members of the Media
Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen
Assalamua'laikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh, Salam Sejahtera and Salam Sayangi Malaysiaku.
- Let me begin by expressing my appreciation to the organiser for inviting me to be here today at the Muslim Hospitality Travel Mart (MHTM) 2019. It gives me great pleasure to congratulate the organizer, The Association of Bumiputera Tourism Operators of Malaysia (BUMITRA MALAYSIA) and Penasatria Event Sdn Bhd, for organizing the MHTM 2019. This is really a commendable move. Congratulations BUMITRA MALAYSIA!
- This effort should indeed be lauded as this expo allows many industry captains and tourism stakeholders to meet, to promote as well as to develop the needs of Muslim Hospitality Travel Mart. This platform is also an opportunity to provide insights on the prospects of Islamic Tourism between members and industry players through networking sessions with like-minded entities. Ideally, this initiative is a key development that will boost our tourism industry and take us to the next level through further cooperation and shared goals between the players.
- The Muslim Hospitality Travel Mart (MHTM) market has definitely undergone significant changes in recent years. I believe this is primarily driven by the rapid pace of technological innovation, rising enthusiasm of social activism and changing demographics of travelers worldwide. These developments have caused the industry to change how it operates in response to the emerging travel environment. It is vital that businesses and travel-related entities take the needs of this market segment into consideration when devising business models and plans, with the backing from the government.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
- By engaging with this dynamic market segment, the country and travel-related businesses can benefit greatly. The untapped Muslim travel market has great potential for the country and industry players with a wealth of business opportunities and revenue streams in the future. There is an urgent need to meaningfully continue explore the Muslim Hospitality Travel Mart (MHTM) to unleash opportunities that can further contribute to the country's GDP and global economy.
- By understanding the unique needs of Muslim travelers, it definitely can benefit destinations, accommodation providers, travel agents, restaurants, airlines, and any travel-related entity. I am astonished to learn that the Muslim travel market is valued to be worth an estimated US$180 billion, with this figure expected to increase rapidly over the next few years. By 2020, the market value is estimated to reach $220 billion and US$ 300 billion by 2026 and will make up a significant percentage of total global expenditure.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
- It is a wonderful time for the tourism industry as we gear up for Visit Malaysia 2020, with an expected arrival of 30 million international tourists and RM100 billion in tourist receipts. Towards this end, the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture fully support the efforts to create a variety of world class tourism products that can help position Malaysia as a destination of diversity, showcasing our rich culture, traditions and heritage. The Ministry along with Tourism Malaysia and Islamic Tourism Centre are working hard to ensure visibility of the country as a preferred holiday destination as a Muslim-friendly, Halal haven that is affordable with a great diversity of attractions.
- I am looking forward to the positive outcome of the Muslim Hospitality Travel Mart 2019. I am also looking forward to meet all of you later to gauge the real situation on the ground and how I can help the industry in my capacity as the Deputy Secretary General of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
- On that note, I am honoured to officially launch the Muslim Hospitality Travel Mart 2019.
Thank you and terima kasih.
Last updated :