International Relations Division (Culture)FUNCTIONS
- To plan, coordinate and supervise implementation of task related to ASEAN as below:
- Focal Point for Meetings such as ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Culture and Arts (AMCA) and ASEAN Ministers Culture + 3 (AMCA) (China, Japan & Korea).
- To plan, coordinate and supervise implementation of task related to ASEAN Committees such as ASEAN Committee on Culture and Information (ASEAN COCI), and Sub Committee on Culture (SCC).
- To plan, coordinate and supervise implementation of Secretariat's task on major meetings: Senior Officials Meeting on Culture (SOMCA) and SOMCA + 3 (China, Japan & Korea).
- To serve as Focal Point at Ministerial level to provide inputs / feedback for bilateral negotiations between ASEAN and dialogue partner's (Australia, New Zealand, India, Russia, Canada, Korea, Republic China, Japan & European Union).
- To serve as Focal Point for ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Council (ASCC) and to coordinate implementation of programmes and activities run by 15 Ministries / Agencies under Socio-cultural sector.
- Responsible for cultural programmes / project under the purview of ASEAN.
- To plan and supervise financial management under the ASEAN Cultural Fund.
- To coordinate and prepare Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Executive Programmes related to cultural field with related countries / parties.
- To plan, coordinate and monitor programme management and bilateral cultural cooperation's with related countries.
- To plan and coordinate the implementation of focal point tasks for ASEM CMM.
- To plan and follow-up on decisions of meetings by international bodies such as NAM, COMINAC, OIC, ASEAN and UNESCO.
- To plan and coordinate multilateral ties and cultural cooperation's with international bodies such as below:
- ISESCO (Islamic Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization),
- IFACCA (International Federation of Arts Council and Culture Agencies),
- INCP (International Networking on Cultural Policy),
- ACCF (Asia Culture Cooperation Forum),
- IRCICA (Research Centre of Islamic History, Arts and Culture),
- Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD),
- Guff Cooperation Council (GCC); and
- South East Asia Pacific Audio Visual Archive Association (SEAPAVAA)
- Secretariat for permanent sub-committee for National Committee of UNESCO Malaysia (SKUM).
- To plan and execute international cultural meetings / conference when Malaysia serves as a host.
- To check and prepare inputs / feedbacks for document's related to UNESCO such as convention / declaration / recommendation circulated by SKUM for matter's pertaining to culture.
- To supervise and to prepare info's / letter's for International conference / meeting / seminar's attended by H.E Minister / Secretary General and senior officials of MOTAC.
- To plan and to prepare matter's pertaining to official visit by senior officials from International countries.
- To plan and prepare cabinet papers for programmes / conference / agreements in cultural field.
- To prepare Brief and Speaking Notes / Interventional Notes / Cabinet Paper / Speech Text whenever our senior officials attends International Meetings / Conference that involves International participation.
- To plan and supervise human resource, financial management in International Relation's Division (Culture).
- Provide inputs / feedback to relevant Ministries / Departments / Government Agencies / Regional Associations and International Organisations pertinent to concept papers / work plans / official documents in relation to international culture, arts and heritage within ten (10) working days.
- Process of Government-to-Government Exchange Programme application within seven (7) working days after receiving complete application.
- Manage participation of Departments / Agencies under the purview of the Ministry to programmes / projects / activities in relation to international culture, arts and heritage within fourteen (14) working days from the date set forth by the organiser.
- Preparation of Cabinet Notes of YB Minister's international meeting participations / official visits within seven (7) working days after the meeting / visit.
Last updated :