Internal Audit UnitFUNCTIONS
- To assist the top management to ensure that the financial operations are properly managed and comply with the stipulated regulations and laws.
- To assist the top management to ensure that all financial records, management information and internal control system are in proper order, accurate and satisfactory.
- To systematically study and evaluate the operations of the ministry to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness.
- To prepare an independent, objective and clear report pertaining to the operations and the internal control system for the secretary-general of the ministry.
- To put forward recommendations to improve financial management, management of the store and other resources as well as the internal control system in order to enhance their efficiency and effectiveness.
- To furnish information to the Financial Management System Division of the Malaysian Treasury when required.
- Conducting audits in a professional manner in accordance with the International Auditing Standards.
- Issuing audit reports and audit observations that are independent, objective and accurate within one (1) month upon the completion of the audit.
- Prepare the Audit Plan no later than 31st January and the Annual Reports of the Internal Audit Unit by 31st March the following year.
- Monitor the implementation of the recommendations / comments within one (1) month from the date the Audit Report is issued.