Tourism Policy and International Affairs DivisionFUNCTIONS
- To formulate tourism policies and devise development strategies for the national tourism industry.
- To monitor the implementation of the National Tourism Policy relating to the aspects of organisational structure, product, marketing, manpower, transport, tourism indicator, socio-culture and macro-economy.
- To conduct tourism-related studies and researches.
- To plan the development of new tourism products such as health tourism, education tourism, sports tourism, sailing tourism, rural tourism and niche tourism.
- To develop a tourism database and Malaysia Tourism Satellite Account.
- To promote bilateral, regional and international relations in tourism co-operation and promotion.
- To participate in various national and international forums to advance Malaysia's interest in the field of tourism.
- To manage applications from foreign nationals who wish to reside in Malaysia under the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme and to function as a one-stop centre to enable foreign nationals to obtain information about this programme and advice about life in Malaysia.
- To provide input and views to the ministries/departments/agencies on matters relating to tourism, particularly on the entry of foreign tourists into Malaysia.
- Preparation of the minutes of the Tourism Cabinet Committee Meeting and Tourism and Culture National Development Meeting within 14 days.
- Preparation of the feedback for Cabinet Papers within 14 days.
- Preparation of the Cabinet Papers to report official international visits / international meetings of YB Minister, to be tabled at the Cabinet Ministers Meeting within 7 days after the visit / meeting.
- Submission of input/feedback to Ministries / Departments / Government Agencies / Regional and International Organizations for working papers / action plans / official documents pertaining to tourism policies within 10 days.
- Submission of official reports for international visits of Senior Officials / Ministry Officials within 7 days after the visit.
- Submission of feedback for Cabinet Papers related to the issues under the purview of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture within the timeframe set by the Cabinet.